Valheim Map and Cartography Tables Guide
Our Valheim The Map and Cartography Table guide will tell you how the map works, how to share it with others, how to ping the map in Valheimand more!
How the Valheim Cartographic works
The Valheim The map will not have anything revealed when you start a new game or join a new server. As you move around the world, you will automatically reveal more of the map.
Unfortunately, the map does not reflect the changes you make to the world from Early Access 0.208.1. If you have dug a canal or constructed any buildings, they will not appear on the map.
How to show or hide on the Valheim Map
Here’s how to show or hide yourself on the Valheim Map:
- Keyboard and Mouse – Click the “Visible to other players” radio button at the bottom right of the map screen.
- Xbox Controller – Show the map by pressing the Show button (the one with two squares above the D-Pad). Press Y and you will show or hide on the map as indicated by the “Visible to other players” radio button at the bottom right of the map screen.
How to find bosses on the Valheim Map
You can find Bosses on the Valheim Map by finding boss runestones and interacting with them – this will reveal the closest associated boss. Otherwise, you will need to enter your map seed into a site like the Valheim World Generator.
How to ping the map in Valheim
Here’s how to ping the map in Valheim:
- Keyboard and mouse – bring up the map by pressing M. Middle click on the map and it will ping the map to your cursor.
- Xbox Controller – press the View button (the one with the two squares above the D-Pad) to view the map. Press X on the map and it will ping the map to your cursor.
How the Valheim Mapping table work
The Valheim The cartography table can be used to share map data with other players. You can save your map data by interacting with the box on the table, and you can read other players’ map data by interacting with the physical map on the table.
How to unlock the Valheim Cartography table
You can unlock the Valheim Cartography table by collecting all the constituent elements at least once:
The mapping table requires bronze and fine wood, both of which require you to obtain a pickaxe and smelt bronze.
How to build the Valheim Cartography table
Once you have collected all the components, you can build the Valheim Cartography table with the following elements:
- 10 precious woods
- 10 bone fragments
- 2 Bronze
- 5 pieces of leather
- 4 Raspberries
Valheim Map Console Commands
These Valheim Console commands can be used to reveal the map, hide it again, or turn it off entirely.
First, you will need to press F5 and type “devcommands” to enable the use of Valheim cheated. Once done, you can use the following four commands to affect the card.
exploremap will reveal the full Valheim Map in its entirety.
resetmap will hide the whole map, even the areas you have explored.
reset shared map
resetsharedmap will reset shared data via map tables.
nomap will disable minimap and map. This command will probably be used for custom games or servers where you don’t want a player to be able to see the map.
How the Valheim Seed Card
The Valheim Map Seed is a series of case-sensitive letters and numbers that are used to create a procedurally generated world. If someone else enters the same seed you are using, they will generate the exact same world as you.
How to find the Valheim Map seed in single player mode
You can find the Valheim Map Seed in single player mode by checking the “Select a World” screen. A randomly generated seed is automatically provided when you create a new world; you’ll also have the option to enter a custom seed if you prefer.
How to find the Valheim Map seed in multiplayer
Unfortunately, finding the Valheim Map Seed in multiplayer is a bit more difficult. If you are a player, you will not be able to get the map seed unless the admin gives it to you.
If you are the server owner, however, you have two options for finding the map seed in multiplayer:
- Open the server with FTP and upload the .fwl file. From there, you can open it with Notepad and find the map seed.
- Place the .fwl file in C:UsersUSERNAMEAppDataLocalLowIronGateValheimworlds. You can then find the map seed the same way you do in singleplayer.
That’s it for our Valheim Guide to Maps and Cartography Tables. Discover our others Valheim Guide below!