Bulldozers move on construction of parent of Kanpur violence mastermind
Kanpur: The demolition of an illegal part of a building belonging to Mohammad Ishtiyaq, believed to be a close relative of the mastermind of violence in Becon Ganj district of Kanpur on June 3 after Friday namaz Hayat Zafar Hashmi, began on Saturday.
The Kanpur Development Authority (KDA) has started the demolition of the illegal part of the building owned by Ishtiyaq in Benajhabar area. KDA Secretary Shatrughan Vaishya said several notices had been issued to builder and businessman Ishtiyaq to suppress illegal construction and encroachment in the past.
He said that since the builder took no action to follow up on the notice, an illegal part of the building was demolished. “The building plan was adopted for residential purposes, but it was used for commercial purposes,” he said.
None of the administration or police officials said whether or not Ishtiyaq had any connection to the violence in Becon Ganj. A senior police officer said that at the request of the KDA to remove the encroachment, a PAC and Rapid Action Force (RAF) company and police teams from several police stations were deployed. Four bulldozers and several laborers were deployed to demolish the illegal structure.